www.joderuiterillustration.co.uk

Thursday 10 May 2012

Jubilee Bed Time Fun

                                    

I've been a little overwhelmed since we moved into the village. First we get a welcome pack from the local parish councillor, it contained useful numbers and the times the mobile shop and library would be in the village. Everybody says 'hello' to one another, this is very foreign to me. I'm a working class girl, from an industrial town. I was brought up in a terraced house, were we only knew a handful of our neighbours, even though we were living but a few steps away from one another. So moving to the village has taken some getting used to, I feel I'm smiling at strangers much more than before (as a cyclist I also smile at other cyclists. It's just something we do). 

Then a week a go, we get an invitation to take part in all the village activities for the Queens Jubilee. There's a garden competition, a hat competition, a quiz and treasure hunt, and a bbq on the common. I just can't seem to get my head around all of this. It's just too cute! So I decided to join the cute and paint the queen as I imagine her when she's alone, away from the public eye, and just having some good old fashioned bed bouncing fun. Come on, we all still have a go from time to time!

No comments:

Post a Comment