www.joderuiterillustration.co.uk

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Little Pigs, Little Pigs... Please let me in!


This is a little sneaky peak at my work in development. The top picture is the initial dip pen and ink stage. I love to use an old mapping pen, sometimes it has a mind of it's own, and creates unintentional splats and markings. This is why I enjoy working with it, I like to surprise myself! After the ink has dried, I then begin to add the colour. I prefer to use water-colours. I tend to use too much water at the beginning, so the paint becomes (like the mapping pens unintentional ink splots) uncontrollable. I then rework the painting, adding light, shade and playing with texture and pattern.

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely idea! Could you do another but show us more steps of development, maybe even some pictures of you at work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a great idea... I think I have some process pictures from the MA days... I'll have a look...

    ReplyDelete