www.joderuiterillustration.co.uk

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Jews Court - Steep Hill.



Wandering up Steep Hill during an early morning sunrise, the birds begin to wake from their slumber, and fill the streets with their morning song. Signs enticing passers by into shops and restaurants begin to emerge, and the beautiful Lincolnshire sky takes centre stage. As you approach the top, and turn to see the magnificent display, it is hard not to have your breath taken away. The effect the golden sky has on the buildings rich in history, is an image worth an early rise. It inspired this next painting in my 'Lincoln' collection. I wanted to capture the warmth the street emulates, at the beginning of a sunny spring day. Spot the little birdies, there's five to be found.

1 comment:

  1. it certainly takes your breath away climbing Steep Hill!!! These are beautiful Jo! I want to commission you to do an illustration of me being fashiony with a mannequin or something but I don't think I could afford it!

    ReplyDelete